IOC Sports Administrator Course
This course aims to raise the general awareness of the Olympic Movement, various sporting systems in place both nationally and regionally and to foster unity and promote continual learning amongst sports industry stakeholders.
This is a collaboration between the Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC) and Republic Polytechnic (RP). This course is hosted under the auspices of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
This course delivers knowledge and skills that are organised into six themes:
- Sports Eco-System
- Governance for Sports
- Sports Science
- Sports Events and Facilities Management
- Sports Coaching
- Careers in Sports
These are important building blocks to enhance the competencies of executives for the planning and delivery of various types of sports programmes in schools, community or for commercial undertakings.
The continual upgrading of the knowledge and skills in these areas are becoming increasingly important to support the growth of the sports, health, and event management industry.
Who Should Attend
Various stakeholders in the sports industry, including:
- Sports administrators from the National Sports Associations
- Educators and CCA leaders from schools and institutions of higher learning
- Executives from the public agencies dealing with community sports
- Private enterprises doing businesses for sports